Alchemy Recruitment Solutions are recruiting for Cleaning Operatives across a number sites in Northern Ireland. Our clients has a number of live roles in the Lisburn, Lurgan, Holywood, Dungannon, Coalisland & Newry area’s.
Hours start from 5 hours per week in certain locations but will mainly be full time 25/30 hours per week. Successful candidates will be placed on a 5/7-day rota.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To carry out daily cleaning routines as scheduled.
- To carry out cleaning tasks as per rota.
- To handle and remove waste in line with segregation processes and procedures
- To unpack and stack all linen and laundry.
- To follow Health & Safety regulations.
- Other duties associated with ward activities.
- To provide cover for colleagues during absences.
- To ensure cleaning trolleys are fully stocked with enough cleaning materials, equipment to clean each area.
- To ensure all cleaning materials are used as directed and secured securely and safely in compliance with COSHH regulations.
- Report any damages or hazards that are present in-patient room, i.e., burnt out light bulbs, broken furniture, broken fixtures, etc. to Site Manager.
- To ensure that all equipment used is fit for purpose and report any damaged or out of date PAT tested machinery to Site Manager
- To ensure proper procedures are followed when cleaning in all areas
- Adheres to all policies and procedures relevant to the role
- To ensure that all mandatory training and task specific training is attended as required for the role
- To be aware of local health & Safety procedures including fire evacuation procedures.
- To report personal accidents or injuries to Site Manager to ensure recorded on incident register
- Follow safety and security policies and procedures specific to service
- Knowledge of all fire prevention and emergency policies and procedures
- Utilises protective equipment
- Report substandard (unsafe) conditions to Site Manager
- To carry out any additional related duties requested by Site Manager
- Assists other housekeeping personnel when needed